Forewarned is forearmed!
There are many more options available for purchasing dogs than a few decades ago when most were sold privately as a result of owners rearing one litter before neutering.
Knowing what questions to ask and what questions you may be asked can help you to get off to a flying start in welcoming and settling your new companion into your home.
I can help you to:
- Choose a dog that will suit your lifestyle
- Find a licensed breeder* or a reliable rescue
- Prepare for a new arrival
- Settle in a rescue dog
- Introduce another animal into a home that already has animals
- Find a qualified trainer if you are not within my catchment area
- Find a safe, reliable dog walker or house sitter or a licensed boarding establishment*.
All advice packages are customised to your specific needs.
Please note that this is general, pre-purchase advice only. Please discuss options for training or a behavioural consultation to solve problems with an existing cat or dog.
* Since October 2018, anyone breeding and selling a dog and offering boarding of any sort away from your home, including day care, is required to be inspected and licensed by their local authority.
Contact me now because prevention is better than cure.